Friday, February 24, 2012

My guacamole

I don't measure things... so bear with me.

This is the best guacamole you'll ever taste. There might be others that you like, but you really won't be able to ever find any guacamole that you'll be able to say... no, I definitely like this one better.  I promise. And if you don't like avocado (I know people like this), you'll still love this guac because it actually tastes like something other than green mush baby food.

2 hass avocados
2-3 green onions
10-12 cherry tomatoes
2 small handfuls of cilantro finely chopped
s & p
the equivalent of a palm full and a half of pickled jalapenos
1/2 a lime's juice or so

aaaand... to make it Salvadoran style: 2 hard boiled eggs (finely chopped)

Mix it up... eat it.



If you want to take it to someone's house as a dip, add a can of black beans (drained and rinsed and warmed up in a saute pan), and a can of corn.  You can also sit down on your couch with a bowl of this and a bag of tortilla chips and feel good about how much of it you can stuff in your face... because it's good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment